Kate E. Oyler appears weekly at The Cowboy Palace in Chatsworth, CA, where she received the People’s Choice Award for “Best Female Artist” for the years 2000 and 2001.
This is her first CD and we’re sure it won’t be her last!
Description: Handful Of Aces features Kate E. Oyler and her core band, consisting of top studio musicians John Beland (The Flying Burrito Brothers), Paul Marshall, and regular band mates Kurt Fries and Jeff Taylor. She is also joined by other noteworthy players and singers Bob Gothar, Caroline Aiken, Chad Watson, Jon Montalban, Chris Cardenas, Archie Francis and producer Mandi Martin.
Kate’s commentary on tracks:
1. “Handful Of Aces” (written by Kate E. Oyler): The title cut was written as a tribute to my amazing band. Without them, I’d be just another “chick singer.”
2. “Man Of My Dreams” (written by Kate E. Oyler): Pure fantasy!
3. “Between You And Me” (written by Kate E. Oyler, Mandi Martin & Cody LePow): Even the best of relationships are hard…you’ve got to keep them close and personal.
4. “Bring It On” (written by William “Kurt” Fries): Don’t let life get you down. The Lord doesn’t dish out anything you can’t handle…so “Bring It On!”
5. “It’s Only You” (written by Kate E. Oyler): Written for my husband, Tony. Thank you for the inspiration.
6. “You Belong To Me” (written by Pee Wee King, Red Stewart & Chilton Price): The only “cover” here. It was my Dad’s favorite song and I thank Mandi, my producer, for insisting that I include it on this CD.
7. “Just Love” (written by Kate E. Oyler): Well…isn’t that all any of us need?
8. “Someday I May” (written by Chad Watson): Thanks Chad for writting and letting me sing this lovely song!
9. “You Should Only Sing In The Shower” (written by Kate E. Oyler): Ha, ha ha!!!
10. “Look At Me” (written by Kate E. Oyler): I wrote this song for my daughter when she was three months old. Ayres, you’ll always be my baby girl.
11. “I Can Do That” (written by Kate E. Oyler & Dani-O): Well, I can and I did…so there!
12. “Take A Chance” (written by Kate E. Oyler & William “Kurt” Fries): If you never gamble, you’ll never win!
13. “I Love This Time Of Year” (written by Kate E. Oyler & Mandi Martin): I love this song! It’s my favorite Christmas/Holiday song…ever!!!
14. “A Song For Me And You” (written by Kate. E. Oyler & William “Kurt” Fries): This is peace, love, hope and light put to music! The whole world should sing this song!